August 4, 2011

Umlauted Vowel

Thanks to a follower on twitter, I recently stumbled upon a precious little gem from Chile, a duo under the name of Dënver, whose electro-pop music and intimate lyrics have been blowing my mind this week. Dënver's palette is broad enough to lend their most recent album, Música, Gramática, Gimnasia, a rich and luscious sound, especially in the way their songs gradually lift, building up to an emotion that can become too much to bear.

In any case, dudes, for me the best part are their video productions. I got immediately hooked on the particularly intriguing kinda road movie for the track Lo que quieras, which evokes a perfect mixture of melancholy and perversion; and the erotic but sweet messy scenes from Los Adolescentes (my uberfave one), with a similar aesthetical approach to El Guincho's clip (AGAIN !).  I have literally watched this over sixty times in the past two days. I can't stop, I won't stop. 

Gold medals for this band. Seriously, I urge you to go for it!


Lo Que Quieras


Los Adolescentes


10 comments:

jke said...

Indeed, "Los Adolescentes" is very nice! Also sounds like another tune for the treadmill (because of the beat).

I dig the car in the video above.

Unknown said...

One of the most eclectic bands I've recently heard. In the first vid they remind me of "Los Planetas" (you told me you love them, didn't u?). In the second one, vocals sound like those of "HATEM".

jke said...

(how many bands are there with the name "Denver"? asking coz of Spotify...)

"Olas Gigantes" also sounds very Japanese, with those 80s hi-hat sound.

Unknown said...

ROFLAMAO! You're tempting me to post a list of "bands containing the word DENVER"!

JT_Hos said...

Dënver... awesome band, I'm glad you liked them. The did a tiny little tour in Spain a while ago, the had problems with inmigration lol. Saludos, JT_Hos

Unknown said...

@JT_Hos Hey, thanx a bunch for your reco! Greetings from across the ocean.

Claudio Gómez said...

They play this friday here in Bs As...http://escritoscirculares.blogspot.com/2011/09/denver-en-bs-as.html

Unknown said...

Jealousy Ouch!! Enjoy 'em! ;)

Claudio Gómez said...

As I had promised, the review: http://escritoscirculares.blogspot.com/2011/09/cronica-denver-en-bs-as-por-primera-vez.html

Unknown said...

@AnImaginaryBoy Thanx a lot for writing this article, seriously!! You are great!