May 23, 2011

My Travel Album

As I told you in a previous post, Bon Iver will release their new self-titled sophomore album on June 21. The band has been touring relentlessly their previous record and that would explain why a lot of the track titles on the late LP are place names.

Right then, to mark this occasion, here's my list of ten of the best songs named after some of the places where I have been to. Just click on the pics to listen the tunes. Please, share your own favorites below.


 Barcelona (Spain)                                  London (England)
        
Copenhaguen (Denmark)                                 Athens (Greece)      
       
Paris (France)                                           Cairo (Egypt)
       
                      Istanbul (Turkey)                                Amsterdam (Nederlands)      
        
                               Berlin (Germany)                                   Venice (Italy)                                
  


1. I'm From Barcelona - We're From Barcelona
2. The Clash - London Calling 
3. Vetusta Morla - Copenhague
4. Jonathan Edwards - Athens County
5. Kate Nash - Paris
6. The Cure - Fire In Cairo
7. They Might Be Giants - Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
8. Peter Bjorn & John - Amsterdam
9. Kent - Berlin
10. Beirut - Venice


8 comments:

BrainExpat said...

You're missing one the most catchy (and famous) songs of Swedish indie music:

Känn Ingen Sorg För Mig Göteborg (Don't feel sour for me Gotemburg) by Håkan Hellström

Amanda Addoor said...

LAST TRAIN TO CLARKSVILLE - THE MONKEES

Anonymous said...

I don't want to go to Chelsea by Elvis Costello
Going down to Liverpool by the Bangles
New York by Sex Pistols
Vienna by Ultravox
Waterloo sunset by Kinks
Berlin by Lou Reed
One night in Bangkok by Murray Head
Paint me a Birmingham by Tracy Lawrence
London calling by the Clash
Manchester Irish by Oasis

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo! I can imagine there's an endless list of songs about cities. Thanks for all your suggestions. I hadn't heard most of them before!!

tu.be.or.you.tu.be said...

This is my list of songs about london:
1.-London calling-The clash
2.-Last train to London-Electric light orchestra
3.-London-The smiths
4.-Dark streets of London-Pogues
5.-London town-Wings
6.-I love London-Crystal fighters
7.-Cemeteries of London-Coldplay
8.-London half life-Metric

jke said...

Off-topic, but I've used this bookmarklet to make the mp3s playable directly from within the browser http://www.delicious.com/help/playtagger (streaming, that is).

Unknown said...

Wow, you rock!! Bundle of thanks, Juergen! I've tried it and it's great! Just got the HTML code and it has also been linked in this post.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, Ben! I think London is the city with the highest number of songs, hehe. Awesome, well done! ;)