May 22, 2011

Wrapped Up In A Cocoon

I was recently told that if I hadn’t heard of Cocoon (I hadn't) then I should put them on my radar. Well, consider that done. I just spent a good chunk of my Sunday morning listening to their musical offerings, and I'm pretty jazzed with this French duo.

To my surprise, I discovered that I had listened to some of their tracks previously. In fact, their debut album entitled My Friends All Died in a Plane Crash (Gosh, what a mishap if it's true!), caused quite a stir on the French music scene and some of the tones appeared in numerous films and commercials. This is only an example of an ad for Spanish State Lottery.


Here you have some videos. There is no doubt that the intimate and lo-fi sound embedded in their songs often brings to mind a hypnotic dreamlike atmosphere, which is depicted in these short stories. 

Comets

On My Way

Chupee


If you're Spotified, check out the full playlist.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uh-huh, you're probably thinking the spot is familiar to you. You're rite! It was inspired by the music video "Her Morning Elegance", a stop-motion film created by Oren Lavie, Merav and Jubal Natah. Damn copycats!!