May 11, 2011

A Well-Stocked First-Aid Kit

What can I say? I'm a sucker for Klara and Johanna Söderberg, the two siblings who comprise folk duo First Aid Kit. And have been ever since Magnus, a Swedish friend, recommended it to me last summer.

They first came to my attention with a simple and honest cover of Tiger Mountain Peasant Song by Fleet Foxes, which spread their name rapidly on the Internet. There's no covering up, it's just there.

 
The Big Black & The Blue has become in one of my most-listened-to albums, despite the emotionally mesmerizing lyrics, which always get me a taste of aching nostalgia. They're always on my radar and the delights of their mellow songs keep me humming in my sleep.

From my point of view, the music that these chicks pump out is teh perfect example of just how far the Swedish folk movement is pushing the limits of indie music.




Added bonus - An Interview With FAK:


No comments: