July 26, 2012

Hanged For A Sheep As A Lamb

DAFUQ! I'm wondering how I'd not heard of Stealing Sheep till last nite when lurking the Internet in search of some info 'bout music festivals held in my city.

Genevieve is a greaaat way to start your week. Numerous factors have made me a little swamped at the minute. These three Liverpudlians ladies embody a warm yet whimsical style of nu-folk that evokes a certain sense of 60's psychedelia merged with an undeniably sweet and modern twist that brings to mind some of Slow Club's work. Moreover, the video is all hazy light, kaleidoscopes, hair tossing and plenty of balloons. And I like it. I like it a lot. 

This the second single from their forthcoming full length entitled Into the Diamond Sun, due for release on August 20. Watch for yourselves below.




No comments: