January 9, 2012

Wild Ones

I know, I know. I'm rather late with the postings this year, so please excuse my tardiness. Anyway, better late than never. Thus, we're off!

"A fresh start for the new year" must be the proposal made by The Maccabees, whose third collection entitled Given To The Wild is out today! Yippee! Oh, I'm really stoked, folks. I can't say enough how excited I've been about it!

The Brighton-based five piece spent two years writing and recording this follow-up to 2009's critically-lauded Wall Of Arms. And according to them, this is their most adventurous work to date. Avoiding the studio, each member retreated to their homes to develop ideas and work on songs individually, emailing them back and forth. Seriously, I've been impressed on how The Maccabees have forged an identity more purely them than ever. For the first time, the band have made an album as a group, a combined vision rather than the result of one or two members taking the lead. 

My absolute favorite track is Pelican, full of raw energy and a frantic pace that leaves me breathless and begging for more as it fades away. Other songs that quietly capture my attention from start to end are Feel To Follow  and the album standout Forever I've Known.

There is no doubt this is a pretty special record, which can only add to their growing popularity and elevates these lads to the level of the musical giants. I clearly think it's their breakthrough.

C'mon! What are you waiting for? Immerse yourself in these twirling tunes by scrolling down and clicking!



Press the button to watch the making of the clip.





________________________________________________________


With the arrival of the new year and an entirely new stratum of interests and dynamics within this "irrelephant world", the site debuted its new logo a few days ago. I would like to thank my beloved friend Álex Brau for having designed it for me, enduring my complaints, criticism and constant changes in the project. [Luv u, boo!]. If you like this great work of art, you can find further stuff from him on his personal blog (here). Ah, don't forget we already have our group on Facebook! Join us and share your musical preferences with loads of people.


1 comment:

JT_Hos said...

Me gusta! Great video for Pelican!