January 10, 2012

Ephemerality

Iron & Wine's Kiss Each Other Clean is nearly a year old now, but it's still giving. While most of the album tracks are fairly upbeat and positive, Godless Brother in Love makes me flinch with its lilting piano and harp. Oh, I swear up and down I don't want to be corny, but listening to this tender and wistful song it is impossible for me to avoid it. Trust me, chums, the emotions contained in his lovable and delicate voice are likely to convert even a fierce beard hater to the indie folk side of things. 

The song comes along with an equally stunning video, released just a week ago, that reminds me of the visual aesthetic of The Naked & The Famous' Young Blood  with its slow-motion Polaroid-styled imagery that perfectly captures the mood of the moment.

Check 'em out after the jump.


Iron & Wine - Godless Brother in Love



The Naked And Famous - Young Blood


No comments: