March 9, 2013

Mixing Names & Nationalities

The final result of combining wicked chill band names such as Crystal Castles and Foo Fighters is...



Whoah, folks! I had the opportunity to see them live a few months ago and they're really out of this world! This is a picture I took at the gig. Sorry if it's not very good but I'm looking to upgrade my lens in hopes that I can get clearer shots from a further distance. So I would like to take this opportunity to leave a message just in case someone wants to sell their lens for a Nikon camera at rock-bottom price, haha.



I leave you with one of my favorite songs from the Anglo-Spanish outfit. Yep, you read well, they've been working off the educated assumption that they're a Spanish band, despite the fact three main guys in the group are an Englishman and an American. Nevertheless, what makes them describe themselves as Spaniards is the way they're influenced very heavily by the Basque folk music and culture of northern Spain. The band have taken that, mashed it together with electronica and even hardcore punk, and crafted a really exciting, very danceable albums. Enjoy it!


At Home


You can check out more from them here:


No comments: