May 13, 2011

A Great Flow Of Water

Dry the River play mostly acoustic folk-rock, however its sound is a blend of musical styles from their equally varied personal backgrounds, counting a Norwegian singer-songwriter, a punk-rock drummer who was once homeless and a classically-trained violinist.

New Ceremony, their debut single, became my instant favorite. It has been destroying my speakers ever since I found it on some random bloggers compilation mix.



For the time being, they have no official music videos out and none of their tracks are currently available from Spotify, at least in Spain. If you take a look at youtube you'll only be able to get hold of intimate concerts and live recordings made by fans. Completely underground, innit?
Nevertheless, lurking on the net, I found this pair of awe-inspiring videos. I like them, and so will you.



This band is just beginning to rise and will crescendo with each new single. I’m really looking forward to seeing more from these guys.

No comments: